Friday, January 27, 2012

I don't want to leave. - Lydia Reyes

I don't even know where to begin. This past week has changed my life forever. All I can really say is that I love Haiti. Each day, I fall in love with it all over again.
My favorite days have been the last two and a half, here at 1013 Ministries with the Savini's. It warmed my heart to be completely swarmed by children when we got here. It was an indescribably beautiful thing for me to experience. You could truly see the love in their eyes and hearts. Smiles stretch all the way across their faces when we pick them up, or do something as simple as smile and wave. It is easy to tell that all they want is love, and I am more than willing to give it to them.

Today really hit me hard. We only have about 40 hours left until we leave Haiti, but I pray that I will be able to return as soon as possible. There is so much on my mind and in my heart right now, and I am not the best at getting it out, so I hope to really process it all tomorrow at the beach, and be able to truly explain how I feel. In Haiti, I feel so many emotions at all times, and I wish that this could be easier for me to express. I just feel blessed more than anything; to be with such an incredible group of people, to be able to be in Haiti (where my heart is now), and to be living some of the best days of my life. I thank God for all that He is doing in our lives here in Haiti, and I can't wait to see what else He has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment