Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rocks Cry Out

It's officially the big day, the day that so many of us have been anticipating and praying for:  In less than 12 hours, we will be in Haiti.  As I made final preparations this week and my heart was stirred by the Lord, I packed one final thing that sealed the deal and said "I'm ready" like nothing else could...my Sharpie marker.  It was years ago while I was in Haiti that the Lord gave me an idea with a Sharpie that I had then.  It was hot, humid, and dusty.  Children were running the streets and we were waiting for our leaders to finish up a meeting with the pastors.  I picked up a rock and used the natural shape of it and my Sharpie to create a friendly face on it, and then reached out to hand it to a child.  Having fun myself I picked up another, and soon what started out as a simple thing became a line of eager children waiting for their silly-faced rock.  I was humbled beyond words at how much joy such a simple thing could bring.  This week the Lord was reminding me of this and gave me a revelation about it.

In Luke 19:40, Jesus said this:  He replied, “If they kept quiet, the stones along the road would burst into cheers!”  For too long, so many in Haiti have kept quiet for I believe 2 big reasons:  Either they don't know and have not yet heard, or they have no voice.  What a glorious and mighty God we serve that even if we don't cry out in praise and honor unto Him, the stones cry out themselves.  I hear the echo of the stones from mountains that crumbled, rocks that echo the glory and majesty of our God!  And to be able to go and to join the chorus unto God with those rocks and so many other brothers and sisters in that nation will be a beautiful thing.  My hope and prayer?  That all who we come in contact with will join the greatest song of praise unto our incredible God!  We cry out for more Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment