Friday, January 27, 2012

Thursday - Why Haiti?

Thursday was our first full day at One Family in Christ Jesus Foundation, an orphanage, private school, church, and the new home to Savini’s. The Savini’s is a family of four who relocated from Naperville, Illinois to serve these people.  I couldn’t understand exactly why you would come for far to help the needy, but I didn’t really know much about Chris Savini, other than the fact that he got seriously sick on my first trip to Haiti.
When Chris was sick I asked him if on his previous trips to Haiti had he gotten ill.  He replied, “most of them.”  I knew he was intending to create a church in Haiti so I had wonder if he might be a little crazy.  Why would you come to live in a place that made you sick?
After spending one day here with Chris and his family I got the answer to my question. Here in ??? God lives in the lives of those who need him the most. I asked the Lord that I wanted to get closer to His heart. It is the journey I stared over ten years ago.  I must say that the Lord’s heart is beautiful to see, touch and feel up close.
I won’t bore you with the usual details of activities, people, conditions, large spiders, and so on.  You must see, God’s heart, feel  his pain, touch his sorrow to know why the Savini’s have come to One Family in Christ Jesus Foundation. What a blessing to be a part of this.  I can say only that I will be back.
Bondye Beni  On, Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment