Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What I've Seen So Far (by Bobby)

In my first few days in Haiti, I have seen things that do not happen all the time in the States. I've seen people just hop on the back of trucks to get a ride. I've seen kids come up to our car and ask for money. I've seen destruction when we passed the capital building, where the president had lived, and it had collapsed. Not all of the things I saw were negative though. I saw pure joy when the car pulled into the orphanage and all of the kids flooded to us to greet us. I saw generosity when the kids came up to us with  mangoes, one of their few possessions. I saw hope for a better tomorrow, and a bright future for this country. Most importantly I saw God moving in these people and changing lives. I saw God when Pastor Kesnel shared his remarkable story. I saw God when John Baptist told us about how his coffee bean market had boomed with the help of World Relief. I saw God during the prayer walk we took. Even though I could not understand a lot of what they were saying, I knew that the Hatians were passionate about what they are doing on this mission to restore their nation. I saw God on the first day when Chris told us that Pastor Kesnel was serious when he said that this church was really one family. This trip has been a tremendous experience so far, and it looks to only get better. I am looking forward to the rest of the trip and I hope I can meet more great restorers that God has sent on this mission.

1 comment:

  1. Bobby, I am so glad that you are loving Haiti and its people. It sounds like you are taking in all of the good and the painful experiences in a meaningful way. Bless you on this trip. Please share your experiences with friends and keep Haiti in your heart when you come home.

    ReplyDelete