Monday, April 11, 2011

Hope

well- this is officially my first blog!  i hope that some of my family and friends will read the stories here from each of us being impacted in different way.  This trip i feel so different than my last trip- i'm not sure why.  I believe God is stirring things in my heart.  I do not know the outcome but am trying to just be in the moment.  reading about the history of haiti and the struggles of its people before i came i was somewhat discouraged- how can this situation be changed?  now that I am here I am filled with hope for the future of this country.  what man can not do- God can and how blessed are we to be used by him in this process!  world relief is thinking outside the box and approaching the situation differently- working to create sustainable sources of income.  what a difference that will make.  "for i know the plans i have for you says the Lord.  plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future." 

I am waiting in awe of the Lord to see how he moves in each of us - haitians and americans this week to build relationships that are mutually nourishing. there is much to be done and we have seen many sad things already but also so many smiles and kind people that are filled with passion.  Please pray for haiti and the mission of world relief.  Mesi!

No comments:

Post a Comment